A cruise to Alaska is one of my favorite ways to visit this beautiful state. Traveling along the coast, we had whales, eagles, and other wildlife just about always visible. Plus, the ports of call are an adventure seeker’s dream.
A land and sea journey is perfect for those looking to experience more than a cruise offers. You’ll take a one-way trip along the coast and then ride the rails to a lodge to have an even more intimate Alaskan experience.
Do you have dreams of going to Alaska?
Make those dreams come true and jump aboard one of Alaska's most popular cruise lines. You won't regret it.
Keep reading to discover the six most significant reasons you should cruise to The Last Frontier sooner rather than later.
1. You decide which cruise line to take. Sailing in Alaska extends from the middle of May to mid-September. During these months, you won't likely see a shortage of cruise line options. Choose to go on a luxury or expedition-style cruise or maybe something a little more unique.
2. Alaska is desirable to people of all ages and tends to be high on many bucket lists. Many families come here each year to enjoy the beauty of the great state and the broad scope of activities and events.
3. The wildlife is absolutely out of this world. When traveling to Alaska by cruise ship, don't be surprised to spot bears hunting for fish, whales, eagles, and several other beautiful creatures.
4. Dare to go dog sledding? You may have to take a helicopter ride to get into the mountains first. This could be one thrilling adventure. Best of all, you get to hang with sweet huskies all day.
5. Go on a land tour before or after your cruise. Hike through the Denali National Park or the Kenai River Valley.
6. Sadly, Alaska won't be as charming as it is now. Right now, you can see the nation in its iconic glory. There is so much to admire, from lush forests to enormous glaciers, before global warming takes it away.
Alaska is one of the most magical places on Earth, and it's right here in the United States. If you’re like most travelers I speak with, you have "visit Alaska" on your bucket list; what are you waiting for? There's no better way to visit the state than by ship; schedule a consultation now to discuss which option is right for you. Before you know it, you'll have a one-of-a-kind vacation that will undoubtedly bring you memories that last a lifetime.
Rainbow Getaways proudly help travelers of the LGBTQ community (and our allies) research, plan, and book incredible vacations where you feel confident and comfortable enjoying and exploring your destination. We plan each vacation to meet your specific needs, so you'll have an experience as unique as you.