While parts of the country are getting more snow, Spring Break is in full swing down here in Florida. After a year of limited travel, the industry has started to see a resurgence as weary college students, families, and couples begin to make their way back to our sun-soaked beaches.
For those of you who have been considering breaking free from your home office (or regular office if you’re working in person), I’ve pulled together my top five favorite boutique beach resorts here in the Sunshine State.
The Top Five Boutique Beach Resorts In Florida
5. Little Palm Island Resort and Spa – The Little Palm Island Resort and Spa is located off Little Torch Key in the Florida Keys and was ranked the 7th best resort in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler in 2020. The resort is on a private island accessible by boat or seaplane and was recently completely renovated. With private beachfront bungalows, this is the perfect location to drop off the grid altogether. This adults-only resort features a fabulous spa, gourmet dining, and enough subtle touches to make this the ideal opportunity to unwind and relax completely.
4. Alexander’s Guesthouse – Moving down to Key West, FL, this LGBTQ guesthouse welcomes all community members and allies. Another adult-only resort, Alexander’s is a fully restored Key West Conch house built in 1902 with just 17 guestrooms. During the day, you can relax by the pool or on one of their two clothing-optional sundecks while you take in the views of Key West. At sunset, head down to Duvel ST to watch one of the best sunsets you’ll find and have a short walk back to Alexander’s after you’ve enjoyed the best parts of Key West.
3. Casa Monica Resort & Spa – In the US’s oldest city, we find Casa Monica Resort & Spa of the Autograph Collection by Marriot. This elegant hotel is in the historic district of St. Augustine, FL, and dates back to 1888. This Spanish-style hotel is located near all the city's best features and is just a short drive to the beach. You’ll have plenty of activities to keep you busy during your day and at night, go on a ghost tour or have dinner with your partner.
2. Freehand Miami – With a short 5-minute walk to Miami Beach, Freehand Miami combines a great location with the conveniences a modern traveler expects. The Freehand is located right in all the action and features rooms with the standard king-size bed and unique quad rooms, which have four bunkbeds. Those features make the Freehand a favorite for spring breakers, parties, and friends who just want to escape the routines of life for a week.
1. Postcard Inn – My all-time favorite boutique beach resort in Florida is the Postcard Inn on St. Pete’s Beach. The Postcard Inn provides a great vacation atmosphere with a postcard worth beach (see what I did there?), unique activities during the day, perfectly located near the best restaurants in St. Pete’s, and rooms that instantly put you into vacation mood as you walk the door.
I hope you found the list of my favorite boutique beach resorts in Florida to be inspiring. If you’re ready to start planning your next vacation, schedule your initial consultation with me. I’ll make sure to find you the perfect resort for your travel style and take care of all the logistics, so all you need to do is show up.
Rainbow Getaways is a full-service travel concierge specializing in travel for the LGBTQ community and our allies. Each vacation is planned to meet your specific needs, so you’ll have a fabulous time. Be sure to subscribe to the Rainbow Getaways newsletter at the bottom of the page, so you never miss a post and like or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.