Cruising will have been on hold for at least six months before we can again escape to our island getaways. If you're anything like me, you're starting to get cruise fever and dreaming of sipping a frozen drink next to the pool. To keep my mind off being landlocked for the next few months, I started brainstorming about the best ways to prepare for your next cruise.
1. Start looking at dates for your next cruise. I'm optimistic that cruising will return for the last couple of months of the year. But even if it doesn't, starting to think about when your next getaway will be, focuses your dreams.
2. Decide which cruise line you want to go on next. This may be easier for some than others if you're loyal to a specific brand. Each brand offers a different experience, and now is the time to think about trying out something new. Disney is great for families, LGBTQ travelers, and couples young at heart. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian are great for all generations with fantastic eateries, activities, and destinations. Or maybe you're excited to try Virgin Voyages, the newest cruise line to enter the market, offering adult-only cruising and a worry-free vacation.
3. Start thinking about the port excursions you want to do. We all have our bucket list must-dos, and now is a great time to start planning for checking some of them off that list. Plan to go dog sledding in Alaska, swimming with the dolphins in the Bahamas, hitting the golf greens in Ireland, and everything in-between. No matter level of excitement you're looking for, there is something out there for you!
4. Watch ship-tours on YouTube. Watching ship-tours is one of my favorite ways to forget that I'm landlocked and escape for a short while (or an afternoon). Plus there's the added benefit of checking out different cabins and spaces on the ship, to help plan what I want to do the next time I cruise.
5. Make your favorite cruise drink to ship while you lounge next to your pool or stay cool in the AC. What better way to forget that you're not on a ship by enjoying a cold beverage?
6. Arrange a wine/martini/whiskey tasting with your friends. You can do this virtually or socially distanced at your home. Each friend shares their favorite drink, and it's included on the tasting menu.
7. Start talking to your travel consultant about your next trip. Rainbow Getaways is open for business and is available to help you start planning your next cruise. Whether you want to squeeze in a trip as soon as they resume, or wait until later next year, I have the passion and experience to make sure it's an unforgettable getaway.
Rainbow Getaways is a full-service travel agency that specializes in LGBTQ and family travel. Whether you want a quick weekend getaway or a two-week-long adventure, I will help you every step of the way to make sure it's the perfect vacation. Send me a message today to start planning, and your next getaway is just over the rainbow.