Over the last few weeks, interest in travel has been at an all-time high since the pandemic started, and with the recent accountment from the CDC that those vaccinated can travel, it’s time to start thinking about your summer plans.
As you’ve probably have picked up from my previous posts, travel to the Caribbean and Mexico is open, and the resorts are welcoming guests with open arms. But I’ve realized I haven’t talked much about how the US destinations have started to accommodate travelers. So this week, I’m changing that with some of the most unique experiences you can have in Las Vegas
It's no secret that Las Vegas, as small as it is in size, holds a ton of fun and excitement for everyone. The city is chocked full of award-winning restaurants, famous hotels and casinos, live shows, and all-around unique experiences. Are you ready to make your trip to Vegas the vacation of a lifetime?
Here are ten unique experiences in Vegas that you don’t want to miss the next time you head to Sin City.
1. Take a hot-air balloon ride. Get amazing views of the strip, mountains, and all of Vegas's desert surroundings from high above. These one-hour hot-air balloon rides are a favorite for locals and tourists.
2. Sign up for trapeze lessons. It might sound crazy, but why not sign up for some trapeze lessons? Lessons are about 1.5 hours and are found right outside the strip.
3. Join in on the Wine Yoga Experience. Stretch your body and get a souvenir wine glass when you sign up for this peaceful, outdoor experience.
4. Do the bar crawl on Fremont Street. Located in the historic downtown of Las Vegas is Fremont Street. Fremont Street isn't just visually appealing, but it has some excellent bars and drinks.
5. Go on a food tour. Vegas has some of the most delicious and diverse cuisines in all of the USA. Notable, celebrated chefs all flock to the high-tourism area to open restaurants. You definitely can't leave Vegas without going on a food tour.
6. Take a tour of Area 51. This goes without explanation but taking a tour of Area 51 has to be one of the most exciting, unique things you can do in the city. Their tours even offer alien-themed luncheons.
7. Don't miss happy hour on the High Roller. Grab your cocktail and ride the world's biggest observation wheel in an air-conditioned pod.
8. Get angry in a smash room. Be sure to get all your frustrations out in a smash room where nothing is expected to be left in good condition. It's perhaps the only time smashing things is acceptable.
9. Take a nighttime helicopter ride. With all the bright lights and funky architecture presented in Vegas, you have to take a nighttime helicopter ride. In just 15 minutes, you'll get a birds-eye view of the whole strip.
10. Go on a reality TV tour. There are so many reality TV shows produced in Vegas that there is a tour you can take to get to each location for every show. Who doesn't love Pawn Stars and Tanked?
What must-do activities do you look forward to when you head to Vegas?
Ready to start planning your next vacation? Schedule a consultation to tell me about your dream trip. I love hearing where you want to go and help make that happen.
Rainbow Getaways is a full-service travel concierge specializing in travel for the LGBTQ community and our allies. Each vacation is planned to meet your specific needs, so you’ll have a fabulous time. Be sure to subscribe to the Rainbow Getaways newsletter at the bottom of the page, so you never miss a post and like or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.